We are Proud to Honor Those Who Served
Veteran's Services FAQs
Most frequent questions and answers
We are known for our compassionate, caring, and thoroughly professional staff, and have years of experience in planning military services. Whether your family chooses cremation or burial, we will be proud to take care of all the details involved.
We are committed to taking care of all the details involved in providing the veteran in your life with deeply meaningful and honoring ceremonies. Jones-Wynn Funeral Homes & Crematory can:
- Complete applications for all veterans’ benefits, including Military Honors, Presidential Memorial Certificate, and veteran memorial marker or headstone
- Confirm and coordinate any existing paid pre-plan funding benefits that may cover any expenses deemed ineligible by the Veterans Administration
- Coordinate necessary documentation provided by family to request honors
- Coordinate with national or state veterans’ cemeteries
You will receive:
- The professional services of Funeral Director and support staff
- Transfer the deceased and professional care
- Cremation services
- Use of our mortuary facilities and staff for a visitation or gathering
- A funeral or memorial ceremony
- Use of automotive equipment
- Online interactive memorial website
- Additional personalization options, including specialized engraving, a moving tribute video
In short, the veteran must have been honorably discharged. A more detailed list of those service men and women who may apply for, and receive veterans’ burial benefits, with full military honors if they choose would include:
- Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve
- Former military members who served on active duty and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members discharged from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
If you have any questions about your eligibility, or that of a family member, call us at (770) 459-3694. If you have any questions about your eligibility or that of a family member, contact the staff of one of our locations or send us an email using our contact form.